One in four Houstonians are immigrants, making Houston the nation’s most diverse metropolitan area, with 100+ language communities. Greater Houston's enduring economic vitality depends on our immigrant enterprise engine.
Immigrants, responsible for the net growth of 'Main Street' retail enterprise, are twice as likely as native-born citizens to start new businesses.
Efficient, effective delivery of vital public information, on-point and in-language, to Greater Houston's immigrant communities supports Public Safety & Public Health for all Houstonians. Targeted delivery of vital public info reduces city service costs, improves health & safety, and builds shared values among all the diverse constituents of our City.
Shared knowledge is the cornerstone of American community vitality and the foundation of social cohesion.
To DELIVER vital public information
- In concise, on-point message content
- In any language needed
- In digital postings, formatted for mobile device application
- In bilingual English + Language dual page display format
- Formatted to facilitate English acquisition
To Facilitate WORKING CIVIC PARTNERSHIPS
Trust-Building Engagement Among & Between
- City Department Leadership
- Language Community Leadership
- Committed Delivery Networks Partners
- Public Information Officers & Outreach Personnel
To Build RESPONSIVE 2-WAY COMMUNICATIONS
- Train Public Information Officers
- Expand Comprehensive Info Delivery Networks
- Focus on Problem-Solving / Solutions-Driven Outcomes
Metro Region Languages
Houston Case Studies